Stu and I headed out to Princes Avenue on the 17th October to improve the condition of one the paths that had become very wet and muddy over time.
We set out to improve the drainage of the path by using the digger to create long ditches leading downhill from the pathway to prevent water from pooling on it and holding ditches along the sides of the path to improve water catchment and capacity.
Then Laura, Jeremy, Dharma and I headed back out on Friday the 20th to continue the improvements by laying a length of culvert pipe under the pathway to allow water to run underneath it. To finish the work we tamped aggregate over the wet areas of the path to get it in good condition while we wait for it to dry out.
On the third day, Friday the 27th, Laura, Jeremy, Dharma, Bobbie and I completed the drainage works at princes by installing one more culvert nearby and completing the aggregate laying to restore the path to its former glory.
Sam Valente, Assistant Ranger