On Tuesday 6th 10 volunteers and 2 students joined me at Gerry’s Copse to do a wide variety of jobs, which they did with their usual hard work, along with jibes at me when we realised I had forgotten the gas to make the tea. (Thank you to Stuart for saving me from a lynching later…)
Between them they managed to:
- Chip 4 piles of brash,
- Clean two bridges,
- Clean two signs,
- Remove a large amount of unneeded tree guards,
- Weed around young hazel saplings,
- Litterpick the entire length of Gerry’s Copse,
- Mend 10 broken fence rails,
- Cut back the southern section of the foot path,
- Cut back overhanging branches,
- And open up the view from a bench looking out over the river.
So many thanks to all the hard workers. As always, our volunteers are worth their weight in biscuits!
Assistant Ranger Laura