One of our new sites has been getting a boost this week, in readiness for it’s opening at Easter. Swan Lake Park is located in Yateley, west of Swan Lane and consists of a meadows, fishing lake, and allotments. We’ve been out three days this week with students, Laura and Ben who are studying Animal and Countryside Management respectively at Merrist Wood College. Together we’ve;
· Replaced 20m of broken fence damaged by fallen poplar
· Removed redundant fencing and signs.
· Dug 4 drainage ditches to reduce flooding on path
· Moved bench on NW corner for improved vehicle access
· Cleared 18 sacks of rubbish & managed to recycle a third of it.
· Managed contractor who cut 3 dangerous trees including the two over allotments
· Removed whips (saplings) from line of footpath by height barrier.